Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Abandoned Boat on the Maine Coast


I spotted this boat lying in a field next to a deserted house in Harpswell Maine.

The house looked like it had been deserted awhile. Note the two abandoned Saabs.

I love how the leaves gathered in the eddies.

I wonder how old this dingy is? I am sure countless kids learned to sail in this dingy in the numerous protected bays along the Maine Coast.

This gaping hole once housed the boat's centerboard.

The cracks in yellow and white paint expose the boat's past colors.

If only this boat could tell its story.

Here are some more links,
A Boat in a Field in Harpswell Maine (Picasa),
Maine Coast (Winter) (Picasa).

7 comments:

A TIME TO GET said...

YES.

Victoria Thorne said...

marvlelous

Foster Huntington said...

I was pretty excited about it. I loved the colors. it must have been laying there for years.
foster

Isaac Buie said...

Brilliant.

Chaiseam said...

Love the story the boat reveals through the cracked layers of paint. What kind of camera do you use for your shots?

Foster Huntington said...

Chaise,
I use a canon 5d mark ii with a 24-105mm f4.0L most of the time. i also use a canon 85mm f1.8 sometimes.

Anonymous said...

The house started out as a small car repair shop. Then someone added on to it and it became what you see today. As I recall the Saabs were their specialty.